CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The First Week is Ova!

Well the past three days went by fast at times and slow at other times, but I did survive the first week. I have another great bunch of kids! Seriously! Second year in a row that God has blessed me with great kids. I am just amazed at how well they listen and follow routines already. That's the difference between third grade and second grade. My third graders were great. I love and miss them! But they're beginning to want to test the waters a bit, think they can do things completely on their own, etc. Second graders are still "babies", lovey dovey babies. And they want to please their teacher so. And they're so excited over the little things! Like moving your clip up! (thanks to the Clip Chart - best.thing.ever!) 

This week was nothing but routines, routines, routines. And let me tell you, these kids are great at routine (thanks to the wonderful 1st grade teachers they had last year!)! They even had to remind ME of my own routine. Ha! On Friday we packed up and they brought me their planners to sign off on and when a few of them came up to me and stood in line (quietly!) I was like "What are you doing?" and one little girl said "Our planners??" and I was like "Oh yeah!!" They laughed at me forgetting. 

Next week we get into the heart of things as we get into reading, math, science, writing, social studies. I pray I can keep with keeping them doing routine stuff while my brain is focused on teaching them the lessons planned (by my wonderful partner in crime!). I'm ready to start the teaching stuff. I'm ready to try Daily 5 and Lucy Calkins writing. And I'm excited about the science series too. 

I want to stay in Second Grade for forever!

1 comment:

  1. Cool Deal!!! So glad you had a great week! I will continue to pray for you. Are you next to Mrs. Blumengarten?

    ReplyDelete