CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Skeletons

The week of Halloween we had a PBS reward day. PBS stands for Positive Behavior System. The students are rewarded for their good behavior and following the Eagle Expectations: be responsible, be respectful and be an active learner. 

My 2nd grade team decided to do an entire day of PBS and rotated our students through all our classrooms learning through fall/Halloween related ways:  pumpkins, bats and skeletons. My "partner in crime" and I decided to do skeletons. We played a video of the Skeleton Dance, where the students learned about the major bones connecting. Most of the kids loved the dance. Then we had them make skeletons out of construction paper and label the parts of the skeleton. (I will say I did not come up with this idea on my own. I found the skeleton work on Pinterest, but came up with the idea of using the skeleton dance, because you know, teaching is all about teaching to all different types of learners)

Here is some of the work of my students: 






No comments:

Post a Comment